Do you ever wake up on the wrong side of the bed? I do, and I'll spend a morning being frustrated over nothing. I don't enjoy being cranky, and it seems like negative things seem to spiral. All you want is for them to end.
When I'm feeling cranky, I try to do a few things:
1. Be alone. being around other people isn't going to make the situation better at first.
2. Be grateful. If I'm feeling irritated by ridiculous first world problems like long wait times and making silly mistakes, it helps to spend some time running through all the things your grateful for, especially the things you're grateful for about your frustrations. If you have to wait, be grateful for the service you are waiting for. If you spilled on your clothes, be grateful for access to washing machines.In the scope of things, you really only need to have an attitude of gratitude.
3. Meditate. Sneak away and apply some meditation techniques like focusing on the breath or repeating a positive mantra. if you spend three to five minutes doing this, your attitude will improve
4. Stretch or do yoga. Connecting your breathing to a stretch, can help you center yourself and connect with your true self. Getting grounded can help you change your perspective and improve your mood.
5. Surround yourself with positive things. I will listen to The Secret, The Power of Now, The Four Agreements, Attitude Is Everything or any other recording I have that reminds me of the importance of maintaining a positive attitude.
You will overcome the crankiness and will be grateful in the end to discover that you do have the power to change your energy. You can!