Alfredo sauce is a classic and there are many ways to make it, but none like my dear ole dad. Dad’s Alfredo sauce was constantly in high demand. Not only is it great served over fettuccini. It’s incredible over chicken, shrimp and scallops, too. Alfredo sauce makes a great additions to lots of things.
The best thing about this sauce is that it fits into traditional diets as well as high-fat, low-carb diets. This sauce is perfect for a ketogenic diet and isn’t stuffed with preservatives and thickening agents to make it shelf stable for a store. It sounds hard to make your own pasta sauce, tight? Wrong! Better yet, if you’re on a low-carb diet, you don’t have to put it on pasta.
I cover Miracle Noodles, meats and vegetables in Alfredo sauce to give them some flare.It’s fast and simple to cook. And, it stores and reheats well.
If you’re as excited as I am about eating Alfredo sauce, let’s get to making it!
Alfredo Sauce Ingredients
- 1 stick butter
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup grated parmesan
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- white pepper, to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
To prepare, you’ll need a few tools. Be sure you’re kitchen is equipped with these basics.
Now for the steps sot make your Alfredo sauce.
- To start, melt the butter in your sauce pan.
- Add the cream and heat, but do not boil.
- Stir the mixture with a whisk while it thickens.
- Meanwhile chop the parsley. You can substitute dried parsley for fresh.
- Before you’re ready to serve the sauce, stir in the parmesan, white pepper, salt, pepper and parsley.
- Taste the sauce and continue to season until it tastes right for your taste buds. Remember! You can always add, but you can’t take away. Be sure to season slowly.
Now for the most important part, the