How do you face the tragedy and trial in your life? We all encounter it at some point, it just comes in different packages. You will probably receive a few different trial packages in your life. You may be in the past or in the present. It may seem like your neighbors have a picture perfect life, but I can assure you they don't. Some ghosts are easier to hide than others. After dealing with a fair share myself and talking to others about theirs, I thought through a list of things that helps to get through it all.
- Laugh. Pop in a funny movie.
- Read a book to help you escape.
- Talk to people who can relate. Find an online forum or support group.
- Lean on family and friends
- Find a creative outlet. I write to get it all out.
- Give yourself permission to cry. It's okay to have a pity party but only for a short duration. a few minutes to a few hours, but choose to be happy and keep going.
- Be grateful for what you don't have because there's someone out there who has it worse
- Be grateful for what you do have
- Develop the discipline to stay away from using trials as a cop out unless the excuse is valid.
- Dress well as much as you can. Looking good and feeling good help keep spirits up
- Exercise. Endorphins are the best medicine, better than Twinkies
- Force yourself to smile. It does make you brighten up.
I hope these things can help you face the things that bring you to your knees from pain, frustrations and agony. You are blessed and precious. Love yourself because you can!