The New Year's Resolution. It's a big deal and topic of conversation. Everyone is asking me what my resolutions are, and to be honest, I hadn't thought through them all yet. I have started my 2015 vision board, and I can tell you it works! Now that the wild and crazy holidays are over, I decided to sit and think through my resolutions for 2015.
When I consider my resolutions, I see them in a couple of categories, action goals and emotional goals. In my ongoing quest to be a better person in side and out, I try to look inward and share what I learn with you. Thank you for reading!
So without further adue, here are my New Year's Resolutions!
1. Sell my manuscript. I have written my second book and first novel. Now I'm deep in editing and querying to sell my manuscript. After working on it for two years, it's time to take it to the next level.
2. Advance from being a beginner tango dancer. I've been diving into tango dancing for the last six months. I'm hooked for the passion, art, human connection and for what it is teaching me about myself. Engaging in the dance exposes everything about yourself that you've never seen before.
3. Return to Buenos Aires. As an advancing tango dancing, it's only fitting that I return to Buenos Aires to develop my dance.
4. Learn Spanish. If I'm going to immerse myself into tango and part of South American culture, it would also be fitting to learn Spanish. With Greek and French already under my belt, I hope Spanish wouldn't be too much of a challenge.
5. Visit a new place. I think every year of my life I'd like to see one new place I've never been before. I did go to Buenos Aires for the first time last year and I can't explain how much I enjoyed the thrill of seeing something new. It encourages me to do that again and again.
6. Practice Unconditional Love. I think this will be a lifelong project. Unconditional love is hard to put in practice because it feels much easier to practice things like anger and frustration. We get passionate about those things over joy and forgiveness. When you practice unconditional love, you have so much more peace in your life. It's a wonderful way to live.
7. Be limitless. It is so simple to hold ourselves back. You can't fail if you don't try, so why try? I believe I can, so I have to suppress all the voices that tell me that writing is a pipe dream and why are you dancing. What is all this going to do for you? I will listen to the voice in my heart.
8. Choose happiness and a positive attitude. This will also be a lifelong goal. I will always try to remind myself that happiness is a choice It is hard when times get hard or people get down on you. You can load yourself with a ton of bricks by taking on stress and hurtful words of others. But, you can take them off too. It is in your power to choose happiness. I used to think it took me some time to process information and change my attitude, but now I see that it is just an excuse for not choosing love, happiness, and a positive attitude.
Having resolutions is a positive activity, so set yours and go because you can!