As 2013 comes to a close, I want to take a look at my resolutions from the beginning of the year and evaluate how I did in accomplishing my goals for 2013. In a post last year, I established my resolutions as the following:
1) Try at least one new thing a week. I tried many new things each week. It was easy to put into place as I was regularly challenged with new projects in my job. That kept life fun, interesting, and exciting.
2) Write my second book. I am delighted that I completed the manuscript for my second book and first novel over the Christmas holiday. Now I'm deep into revisions in anticipation of submitting for publication in 2014.
3) Be a more prolific blogger. I've been blogging twice a week, which I find to be both challenging and rewarding. Blogging keeping my mind processing the mounds of thoughts that run through my head. I learned this blog is how I channel my thoughts and get the racket out of my head.
4) Grow my meditation practice. In 2013, I took a meditation class and began meditating regularly while increasing my meditation times. If I don't have twenty minutes I give it five or six, but I've established a habit that has led to clarity and introspection. Learning to quiet and control my mind has been most rewarding in my external life.
5) Practice the law of attraction and the art of allowing. This is always a challenge for me, and it will probably be a practice for me for my entire life. I'm very organized, so, allowing things to happen outside of my plan has been challenging for me over the years. Now, I'm finding pleasure and relief in "not sweating the small stuff." I want to keep this practice going into next year.
6) Stay healthy and fit. I've continued my yoga practice and even began my yoga teacher training. I've managed to maintain my weight over the last year and stuck to five workouts a week where applicable. I understand that I'm lucky and have all my time to myself. This is tough for many who both work and have families.
Now that I look at these I'm delighted to see I accomplished all of my goals for 2013, and I'm excited to look at my goals for 2014 in my next post. I hope you'll pursue your goals with me because you can!