It's that time of year again to set goals and resolutions for the coming year. As
I've been thinking about my goals for 2013, I became curious as to how I did on my goals for 2012. Fortunately, I have this blog as a record of my goals from last year.
To recap, I thought I'd review my goals from last year.
1. Love my friends and family completely
2. Make better decisions.
3. Continue to meet new people and grow my circle of friends.
4. Give and experience as much as possible as a marketer and author.
5. Stay healthy and fit.
Overall, I made choices to love my friends and family as much as possible. Sometimes, that wasn't always the easy choice because love isn't generally easy. And sometimes, choosing to love myself and others ended up hurting me in the short-term, but strengthened me in the long run. I learned that not everyone wants to receive your love and you can't force it where it is not desired. In those instances, the best way to love someone is to give the person space.
I did start making much better decisions over the course of the year. This came from a newly discovered sense of self-love. The better decisions tie into my third resolution to make new friends. I found an entirely new group of friends that are more in line with my way of thinking. I have been pleased and surprised at the level of fulfillment I found in associating with like-minded people.
Fourth, I wanted to grow and experience as much as possible as a marketer and author. I did very well on the first part as I expanded my career into the communications side of marketing. There, I find myself feeling much more fulfilled, and it is rather natural for an author to find flow in a writing occupation. I must confess I could have done a much better job as an author promoting my book. I let the author side of me take a back seat to some more immediate needs, though I didn't ever let it go. That was probably a wise decision that ties back into number two.
Finally, I wanted to stay healthy and fit. I have hit and retained my goal weight though the last half of the year, and outside of the occasional exception, I hit my weekly goal of five days of exercise per week.
Now that 2012 is pretty well wrapped up, I'd love to think about the things I'd like to accomplish over 2013.
I've been thinking about it and come up with a list of resolutions for 2013 as follows:
1) Try at least one new thing a week. This can be a place, driving route, activity, recipe, exercise or dance class, and more. It's easy to grow comfortable with what you know, so I'm making an effort to continue to explore and expand my horizons.
2) Write my second book. I have had an idea for a historical fiction book based on a true family story for a long time. It has been mulling in he back of my mind for a while and it's time to get it out onto paper.
3) Be a more prolific blogger. As I focused on settling into a new job for the majority of 2012, blogging became a lower priority. I'm loving myself so much and discovering so many new things, that I can't wait to share them with you. I want to blog more than once a week next year. I'll hope for twice a week if not more.
4) Grow my meditation practice. This year I discovered the beauty and benefits of meditation to learn to control my mind and emotions. It is a gift I never thought to discover in this life. I hope to visit meditation centers and grow this priceless, free gift.
5) Practice the law of attraction and the art of allowing. I learned about The Secret in 2012, and I want to grow my ability to employ the law of attraction in my everyday life to help me in both my work and personal life.
6) Stay healthy and fit. If I can grow my yoga practice, I'd like to do that. I want to swim more and get into even better physical shape.
That's a gracious plenty to start, and I'll look forward to checking into the resolutions throughout the year. Set goals and achieve them because you can!