In Part 1, we looked at trust, discipline, love, happiness, and forgiveness as things we can shoose. There are a few more. No one needs these more than a POW soldier.
- Courage-Cowardice is an easy choice with terrible repercussions. With all the attention in the media about bullying, it's easy to see hwo cowardice is developed. Standing up for yourself isn't easy and people are conditioned from a young age to have courage or lack it. With self-awareness and dedication to make personal changes, you can develop courage.
- Attitude– I love the book Attitude is Everything because it gives you the flipside of hwo you can turn a bad thing into agood one by changing your attitude. You may not want to, but choosing a positive attitude does set you on the right path.
- Commitment– Today is a non-committal society. Everyone is last minute. Flip-flopping plans and cancelling are regular modes of operation without conseuenses. Regardless with emotional maturity and dedication you can choose commitment.
- Faith– Faith is a challenging choice because it feels out of our grasp and the things we need to be faithfull about are out of our control. You may need to choose faith every day or several times in a day. Choosing faith will give you a sense of peace and security to move on with less stress
- Honesty– I think for the most part people like to be honest. There are people who specialize in the white lie and pusing the bounaries between truth and lies. Sure the are extremem occasions where dishonesty can get you out of a bind, like a burglary or an attack, but those are extreme. When it comes to work, friends, family commitments and financial obligations, honesty is the best policy.
Practice making these choices and they will get easier over time. They'll grow your heart, compassion and ability to face the world. You can!